3DEC is a 3D numerical modeling tool for advanced geotechnical analysis of soil, rock, sewage, structural support and masonry. The numerical formula of this software is based on the discrete element method (DEM) for discontinuum modeling. UDEC is its 2D version. Batch material is a set of discrete blocks. Unconformity is applied as a boundary condition between the blocks. Large displacements with discontinuity and rotation of blocks are allowed. The joint structure can be directly generated from geological mapping to the model. The software also includes the powerful Itasca built in FISH programming language. With FISH, you can write scripts for users who want to add functionality for custom analysis.
Features of Itasca 3DEC Software
- The material models are: Elastic, Anisotropic, Mohr Coulomb, Drucker Prager, Flexible Two-Line Stress, Softening, Creep, and User Defined
- The modeling feature may include the absorption of the boundary and the input wave for a complete dynamic response.
- Extensive, based on the fast 3D interactive menu in OpenGL on display graphics
- Existing plots include: common structure, block structure, displacement, vector speeds and lines
- The tool includes a preprocessor that reads AutoCAD and 3DEC files for polyhedra production.
- Performing effective stress calculation using pressure gradient slope
- Operating System: Windows 7 or later
- Hard Disk: 500 MB
- Memory (RAM): 1 Gbyte
Once installed, copy and paste the file in the Crack folder at the installation location of the application.